The Upper Saddle River Volunteer Ambulance Corps was formed in 1958 by borough residents who wanted to help others in their time of greatest need. The corps was formed after a decision was made by the Upper Saddle River Sportsmans’ Club to dissolve the club and use the clubs’ funds to form an ambulance corps. The USR Volunteer Ambulance Corps was born in 1958, and shortly after its formation, bought it’s first ambulance; a 1936 LaSalle hearse for $75, and converted it into an ambulance to transport USR Residents to local hospitals. The first ambulance corps building was the 1853 Schoolhouse (in front of the current USR Fire Department), before the corps moved to its’ current location between Borough Hall and Cavallini School. At the start, uniforms consisted of white nurses’ garb for the women, and white coveralls for the men. In 2008, the USR Volunteer Ambulance Corps celebrated our 50th Anniversary with the wet-down for our newest ambulance, 926. Over the years our ambulances and uniforms have certainly changed, but our mission at the Upper Saddle River Volunteer Ambulance Corps remains the same; to help our neighbors in their time of greatest need.